Weimar United Church of Christ was founded in 1900 as the German Lutheran Church in the small town of Weimar, Texas, located almost halfway between Houston and San Antonio. Through its history it has also been known as Weimar Evangelical and Reformed Church until it obtained its present name in 1957 through church mergers of two denominations. Our town of 2152 residents has a Protestant presence of over ten churches, with Weimar UCC being the largest with almost 300 members. Weimar UCC is an active and lively congregation, historical and traditional in worship, yet ministering to the needs of the community and the world. Now 112 years old, the pioneer spirit continues to live on in the members and friends who call Weimar UCC their spiritual home.
Pastor: The Reverend Dr. Jerry L. Carpenter
Church Secretary: Loreen Rhodes
Choir Director: Mrs. Susan Miculka
Council President: Mr. Kelly Janak
Church Treasurer: Mr. Ted Neely